passwds

Simon Murcott simonmu at optimation.co.nz
Tue Feb 2 21:52:32 GMT 1999

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Gerald Carter wrote:

> > passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
> >
> > the unix password syncing work, except that it changes
> > root's password and not the samba user's password -  as
> > should be expected, i guess...
>
> What OS are you using? Are you using NIS or a
> local /etc/passwd file?

I have been unsuccessful with the Solaris 2.6 passwd (yppasswd is a hard
link to this and they both do the same thing) so far.

What I have noticed is that it looks like the passwd program will close
stdin and the reopen it which will kill any scripts written for it and I
think this is also causing samba to fail with it.

I am thinking of making a small passwd replacement that will simply to
the crypt() and modify the NIS database accordingly.

Regards

Simon Murcott