ntdomain groups

Andy Bakun abakun at reac.com
Tue Feb 2 19:08:47 GMT 1999

Bob Sass wrote:

> Through trial and error AIX seems to top out at 32.
>
> Is there a reasonable way to change this?  (or would that be a bad idea)
>
> Just trying to understand the problem here.  Is there a reason it is 32?
> Are we doing something wrong with our groups to have more than 32 or is it
> just a who would ever have more than 32 groups?
>
> Where is this in the code?

In the kernel's code, most likely.  You may be able to change this limit
through kernel configuration.  I know HP-UX has a kernel configuration thing
in SAM where you can tune various parameters, and I think AIX has some way to
do this also.  It usually amounts to selecting an option or editing a file,
and then building a new kernel (instructions for how to do so should be
included with your machine) and rebooting.  If you have a support contract
with IBM for your AIX, they should be able to tell you exactly what to do to
increase this limit, or at least let you know that there is no way to increase
it.

Andy.