System Policy Problems

Darryl Cording darrylc at vulcan.telstra.com.au
Tue Feb 2 05:01:03 GMT 1999

Thanks for the replies, but the policies still don't get downloaded.
I've checked all smb.conf parameters that were suggested and re-created
the policy several times with 'Automatic' and 'Manual' update methods, but
it still doesn't get to the client:-(
The only thing I think maybe different is that I use a 'preexec' comand in
my netlogon share to create the users login script. I wouldn't have thought
that could interfere with policy downloads.

here are the relevant parts of the smb.conf

[netlogon]
   comment = TAG DC Automatic Software Downloads
   preexec = exec /usr/local/samba/bin/smblogin.sh '%L' '%m' '%U' '%G' '%a' '%T'
   path = /usr/local/samba/smb_logins
   writable = no
   guest ok = yes
   create mask = 0775
   browseable = yes

Global parameters are:
   encrypt passwords = yes
   domain logons = yes
   oslevel = 34
   preferred master = yes
   domain master = yes
   logon script = %U.BAT

the script smblogin.sh just creates the "logon script" for each user as the log in.

Login scripts, roming profiles all work fine.

Anyone got anymore ideas??
Anybody want a client log file or tcpdump output???

I'll keep plugging away.
Again, thanks for all the replies.

Regards,
Darryl