System Policy Problems

A J Every masaje at maths.bath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 1 10:32:41 GMT 1999

-> I have been playing around with the Samba PDC stuff over the last
-> few months and have been generally impressed with the server's
-> functionallity. The only thing I haven't been able to get working
-> properly is the policy download from a Samba PDC

I seem to have erratic behaviour on this one.  I have two totally similar
redhat linux machines.  One has basically been cloned from the other.

They are both running samba beta 4.  One of the domains has its policy working
fine. The other will not work at all.  All directory permissions are the same
etc. etc.  The smb.conf is the same except the domain name and server name.

I've tried samba 2.0.0 but this did not solve it either.  I know the netlogon
directory can be picked up as my batch file runs on both machines.

Has anyone suffered similar erratic behaviour ??? Is there a known problem
with this ???

regards

alan (every).