NT

Krawietz pkrawczyk at pol.pl
Thu Dec 30 20:52:27 GMT 1999

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, "geoffrey lee" <snail_talk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> unfortunately, samba nt domain controller support is still experimental.
> not everything is working yet.
> well, at least there is admin support now. :)
> if you need to add/ remove users ...maybe you need to change the /etc/passwd
> or the smbpasswd password file...

I wrote
((------------------------
When I'm trying to change permissions for the share on NT Server
in "Add Users and Groups" box I get messagebox  "The tag is invalid"("Windows
NT" title) after click "show users"  then users from my domain appears . I can
add them and everything is OK. But when I'm trying to change something with
permissions once again I can not see the user's names. Instead there is "
Account Unknown" but permissions for particular user seem to work correctly.
---------------------))

I am using the latest stable version 2.0.6
the issue is :
I need to grant Administrator privileges to some people in my domain
(it's already done) because they share directories with other people listed in
"Add Users and Groups" box ( users in my domain (on samba server).
When names of accounts disappeare after closing "sharing..." popupmenu,
administration is imposible.
Shortly , I need to force explicit showing user's account ( not Account
unknown) , that's all I need.

Anything would help