Domain Groups

Michael Kuefner minni at o-matic.de
Wed Dec 29 15:02:54 GMT 1999

Hi,

I read about the problem using Samba Domain Groups with NT.
I also had this Problem till today.

So if you want to add a unix group to the Domain Admin Group you have to
add following into your smb.conf:
---cut----
domain admin group = @wadm
---/cut---

the problem was the "@" this is VERY important.
so after restarting nmbd and smbd everything worked fine
(the unix-group wadm including some users had now administrativ privileges
on the NT-box.

Don't mind if on the NT-side is shown "Konto-Unbekannt" it works!

Hope that helps
Michael Kuefner

--
 Michael Kuefner              "Chaos belongs to life...
 Panoramastr.41               ... so why don't we bring life into chaos?"