Confused, HEAD or SAMBA_TNG

Seth Vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Dec 22 00:36:23 GMT 1999

> I'm a bit confused. For the PDC code, which I assumed to be in both the
> 2.1 and the 3.0 versions, which tree do I have to chech out?
> SAMBA_TNG or just the HEAD branch? Which is which; SAMBA_TNG = 2.1 or 3.0?
> I assume TNG stands for The Next/New Generation? This also implying that
> this is the 3.0 version?
I think it should also imply that it will use new tetrion beam
transmissions and should regularly beam people to and fro'.

sorry
irresisitable.

I would also like to know the distinction.
>From what I've seen it appears to be that TNG includes the changes that
LKCL has been adding to break up the smbd/nmbd processes into many smaller
processes and the ability to control said processes from NT. But I'm not
certain of this.

-sv