Administrator Woes

Craig Kelley ink at inconnu.isu.edu
Tue Dec 21 23:48:43 GMT 1999

Using 2.0.5a:

smb.conf has:

   domain admin users = administrator root
   domain admin group = ntadmins root

Root can login on any machine and have administrator rights.  The
'administrator' is just a normal user (has no administrative rights). I've
re-created the Administrator user several times, varying the parameters (I
even made the Administrator UID 0 to see if that had an effect!).

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I'd rather not hand out the root
password to people needing to do workstation maintenance.  (Gee, I don't
know why I would be afraid of *that* ;)

TIA,  Craig