Permissionproblem

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Tue Dec 21 15:56:49 GMT 1999

The ACLs you see are actually "native" Unix permissions.  As a consequence,
they have Unix (rather than NT) semantics.  This means that to delete
(unlink) a file or directory, the only requirement is that you have write
permission on the directory that contains it -- there is no delete
permission as such.