Samba, W2K, Dfs and LDAP

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Dec 21 04:29:37 GMT 1999

> Mike Harris wrote:
>
> Does Dfs and LDAP work in the latest CVS of Samba?

DFS as is MS's DFS has only been minimally implemented.  Needs
lots of work.  Or do you mean DCE/DFS?  Ldap works.  However,
I don;t remember how well the Samba LDAP schema matches up
against MS's AD.  I think JF initially modeled Samba's schema on
AD docs.  Don't quote me on that though.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )