smb.conf for rcpclient

David Giroux dgiroux at authentica.com
Fri Dec 17 18:03:51 GMT 1999

I have built a shared library out of CVS Head components and use this
library from my application in a manner very similar to the way
rcpclient uses it. My program uses the SAMBA library to establish a
connection to an NT PDC and then it performs lsa-query, enum-groups,
sam-group-mem, and lookup-sids in order to determine the authenticated
user's group membership. My SAMBA library contains PARAM, LIBSMB, UBIQX,
LIB, RPC_CLIENT, RPC_PARSE, and PASSDB.

My current version of the program, library, and smb.conf successfully
accomplish my authentication goals. All is fine in SAMBA land.

I am now looking into how to properly use smb.conf. In particular, I
would like to make sure that I only use secure dialects that perform
challenge response password authentication. There may be other things I
need to do as well. Does anyone know how I should setup my config?
Remember that I am a simple client (like rpcclient).

--
David Giroux