New Version in CVS??

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Dec 17 10:28:00 GMT 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:08:07 +1100, hai scritto:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Lonnie J. Borntreger wrote:
>
>> I just got the latest CVS.  The version is now pre3.0.0 instead of
>> 2.1.0-prealpha.  What happened to 2.1?  And the lsarpcd disappeared.
>>
>> Should I no longer be looking at the "head" branch, or did 2.1 get nixed?
>
>old HEAD is now called SAMBA_TNG
>HEAD synced with SAMBA_2.0, waiting for PDC code to be merged in.
>SAMBA_2.0 stays for bugfixes and little enhacements.

I read the message about the CVS changes, but after those changes I have
problems:

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.samba.org:/cvsroot co -r SAMBA_2_0 samba

I understand samba_2_0 should be initially = 2.0.6,  and slowly becomes
2.0.7....
But I see that the whatsnew.txt talks about 2.0.4b, the version number
is pre-3.0.0, there are dirs with stuff that should be in tng like
winregd, wkssvcd...

Did I do something wrong?

Please tell me the command I have to use to download 2_0. Before the
reshuffle I could keep 2_0 and HEAD ok, now it's a mess.

giulioo at pobox.com