New Version in CVS??

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Fri Dec 17 10:38:30 GMT 1999

Hi there,

> > Lonnie J. Borntreger:
> > I just got the latest CVS.  The version is now pre3.0.0 instead of
> > 2.1.0-prealpha.

> Jens Skripczynski:
> It was said in the cvs list. Seem's that the samba 2.1pre Shall
> become the
> 3.0pre Version.  As there is already a big updating process going
> on between
> 2.0 and 2.1. I hope next time for 3.1 there will never be such a big gap
> between the development version and the stable version like
> between 2.0 and
> 2.1...

Sorry for my ignorance, but where do I find the cvs mailing list? It
would be very convenient to know what is going on exactly.

> Lonnie J. Borntreger wrote:
> > I just got the latest CVS.  The version is now pre3.0.0 instead of
> > 2.1.0-prealpha.  What happened to 2.1?  And the lsarpcd disappeared.
> > Should I no longer be looking at the "head" branch, or did 2.1 get
nixed?

> bs at niggard.org:
> old HEAD is now called SAMBA_TNG
> HEAD synced with SAMBA_2.0, waiting for PDC code to be merged in.
> SAMBA_2.0 stays for bugfixes and little enhacements.

So if we want the '2.1' code we nead to check out SAMBA_TNG ?
As for the '3.0' code we can just check out the HEAD branch ?
Correct me if I'm wrong (please).

Greetings,

Sander Striker

PS. I'm pleased to see that development has made such a great advancement,
    since 3.0 also stands for a more complete full featured Samba as we can
    read in the `future releases` documentation/timeline.