Can't compile

Martin Huber Martin-N.Huber at ubs.com
Thu Dec 16 07:26:10 GMT 1999

I got the same problem. The main problem seems to be that .c
files that are required by configure (and later by make as well)
were deleted from the cvs head. If you take a look to config.log
you can see the error messages about the missing files.
I then tried to check those files out (from the attic)
- always the head version - and got configure and make to
"successfully" finish. But after that nmbd did't run. It stopped
after a short while writing something about "internal error" to
log.nmbd.
The next step: I'll try to first completely check out the
2.0.6 release code (it seems that all missing files are still
there in the 2.0.6 release) and then "update" that code with
the head code.
But perhaps there are other answers!?