network policies

geoffrey lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 06:53:18 GMT 1999

hi,

by network policy i assume you mean the config.pol and ntconfig.pol file.

this is an nt issue and not a samba issue really. you just needt o place
those files in the netlogon share.

+AD4- -----Original Message-----
+AD4- From: samba-ntdom+AEA-samba.org +AFs-mailto:samba-ntdom+AEA-samba.org+AF0-On Behalf Of
+AD4- Tim Radigan
+AD4- Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 2:46 PM
+AD4- To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM
+AD4- Subject: network policies
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- I'm having trouble with getting my network policies to work.  I'm
+AD4- running FreeBSD-Stable with Samba 2.0.6 since the CVS version
+AD4- won't compile under FreeBSD for some reason.  The following are
+AD4- the lines I have in my smb.conf:
+AD4-
+AD4- +AFs-global+AF0-
+AD4-    logon script +AD0- /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon.bat
+AD4-    case sensitive +AD0- no
+AD4-    preserve case +AD0- yes
+AD4-    default case +AD0- lower
+AD4-
+AD4- +AFs-netlogon+AF0-
+AD4-    comment +AD0- Net Logon
+AD4-    path +AD0- /tmp
+AD4-    locking +AD0- no
+AD4-    public +AD0- yes
+AD4-    browseable +AD0- yes
+AD4-
+AD4- For some reason, my network policies don't work.  I've read
+AD4- various online documentation about network policies and nothing
+AD4- seems to work.  I have clients running under WinNT Workstation
+AD4- 4.0 and Windows 98.  If anyone can help me with this, it'd be appreciated.
+AD4-
+AD4- Thanks,
+AD4- Tim Radigan
+AD4-