network policies

Tim Radigan rad2921 at cup.edu
Thu Dec 16 06:51:51 GMT 1999

I'm having trouble with getting my network policies to work.  I'm running FreeBSD-Stable with Samba 2.0.6 since the CVS version won't compile under FreeBSD for some reason.  The following are the lines I have in my smb.conf:

+AFs-global+AF0-
   logon script +AD0- /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon.bat
   case sensitive +AD0- no
   preserve case +AD0- yes
   default case +AD0- lower

+AFs-netlogon+AF0-
   comment +AD0- Net Logon
   path +AD0- /tmp
   locking +AD0- no
   public +AD0- yes
   browseable +AD0- yes

For some reason, my network policies don't work.  I've read various online documentation about network policies and nothing seems to work.  I have clients running under WinNT Workstation 4.0 and Windows 98.  If anyone can help me with this, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Radigan