'sbmpasswd -j <domain> -r <PDS>' returns an error

Sam Carleton scarleton at miltonstreet.com
Wed Dec 15 22:40:15 GMT 1999

No, I don't have nt domains and DNS names mixed up.  I named my domain
"flowers.dom"  I added the ".dom" to stand for domain and so that it would
standout fron the other workgroups on the network.  The domain IS
"flowers.dom"
and the pds IS "roses".

With this established, does anyone have any idea why I am getting the
following error message when I  try the command "smbpasswd -j FLOWERS.DOM -r
roses":

error connecting to 192.168.0.2:139 (Connection refused)
    modify_trust_password: unable to connect to SMB server
    on machine ROSES. Error was : code 0.