MSRPC daemons (fwd)

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Dec 14 19:08:06 GMT 1999

Steve Litt wrote:

> At 03:26 AM 12/15/1999 +1100, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> [clip]
> >I think it's called 'testparm'.  :)  It's been there for as long as I've
> >used samba, and I run it before I restart smbd to change config.
> >       Greg
>
> Greg -- what would you think of a testparm-like utility that lists all
> parameters for *each* service, instead of just the non-default parameters.
> It features three delimited fields per line: share, parameter name, and
> parameter value. The intent is to have it easily manipulated by a Perl or
> Python script.

This would be really useful for a server on which I was doing a lot of
configuration.  Right now, I haven't changed my version of samba, or the
configuration for about 6 months, and I don't plan to change it any time
soon.  :)  Every now and then I go browse the logs, but not very often.
VERY low maintenence server.

> I've got it running in a very rough form, but haven't yet had time to test
> it or clean it up. My version doesn't check syntax, since the real testparm
> does that just fine. Mine simply outputs data about every paraemter for
> every share, regardless of default.

So you would run testparm first, to make sure that you hadn't mangled
anything, and then run this to get more detailed information about your
shares?
	Greg