MSRPC daemons (fwd)

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Dec 14 16:36:40 GMT 1999

At 03:26 AM 12/15/1999 +1100, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
[clip]
>I think it's called 'testparm'.  :)  It's been there for as long as I've
>used samba, and I run it before I restart smbd to change config.
>	Greg

Greg -- what would you think of a testparm-like utility that lists all
parameters for *each* service, instead of just the non-default parameters.
It features three delimited fields per line: share, parameter name, and
parameter value. The intent is to have it easily manipulated by a Perl or
Python script.

I've got it running in a very rough form, but haven't yet had time to test
it or clean it up. My version doesn't check syntax, since the real testparm
does that just fine. Mine simply outputs data about every paraemter for
every share, regardless of default.

Steve Litt