remote tapes

Martin Welk mw at theatre.sax.de
Tue Dec 14 07:04:44 GMT 1999

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 04:45:45PM +1100, Dr. Dieter Becker wrote:

> I asked about the possibility to use DAT-tapes from UNIX on NT and
> vice versa. I did not look to special programs (networker, ...)
> which exist all over the net but I am searching for basic tools
> like rmt for Win NT (perhaps running as service) for doing dumps
> under Unix on a NT-Tape or a connection for saving NT backups
> under Unix.

It's about two years ago when I found something like that for Windows 95
(probably also for NT) at what is nowadays called http://www.winfiles.com/
but I don't remember it's name (something like WIN-rsh? I'm not sure).
This way I did backups from Windows to a FreeBSD box.

Regards,

Martin
--
 /| /|        | /| /            ,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities,
/ |/ | artin  |/ |/ elk                     if you're knowing to take them,