Administrator account, groups

Monaghan Alex Alex.Monaghan at icl.com
Mon Dec 13 10:06:49 GMT 1999

> Hi,
> i have done cca 400 users on samba server. Then i tested
> couple of them,
> and everything was o.k (homes were mapped well). But
> administrator can
> not see his home. When i went through Network Neighbrhood to
> shares i saw
> share administrator, but after trying to go in, message
> appeared (network
> name is not vaild on network - or something like that). I can't
> understand, why all tested users were o.k. and this pecific
> not. Everting
> was created automaticly by script with pwdump help.

Can't help with this, but

> The second my problem is groups. Can anybody say how samba
> deals with this.
> For example, how to use 2 or 3 logon scripts, which will be used
> with depending on user's group.

This is not a samba thing, you'll get the same problem with NT.

I think there is a utility in the NT Resource kit that will detect group
membership from a batch file. You could also try Kixstart or even write your
logon script in VB Script and use some of the WSH 2.0 facilities to detect
NT groups & permissions.

Alex Monaghan