remote tapes

Dr. Dieter Becker db at med-in.uni-sb.de
Mon Dec 13 09:52:12 GMT 1999

Sirs,

I know, my question is off-topic, but I hope to find a guru who can
answer me.

I want to use the DAT-Tape of my Samba-Server (Solaris) from any
Windows client. Is there a possibility to do that.

And on the other side.

I want to use a DAT-Tape which is installed in a windows-client
from the Solaris Server. Does there exist any tool like the
unix rmt?

And as third question: Can I share a Windows DAT-Tape between
different NT-machines?

Thank You

Dieter

Dr. med. dipl.-math Dieter Becker
Medizinische Universitaets- und Poliklinik
Innere Medizin III
D - 66421 Homburg / Saar
Tel.: (0 / +49) 6841 - 16 3046
Fax.: (0 / +49) 6841 - 16 3043