NT not to PDC? (RPC not found)

John Hanna jhanna at cproject.com
Fri Dec 10 21:10:40 GMT 1999

"domain logons = yes" was my problem. Now I have a new one -- How do I
tell my NT Server 3.51 to not be the primary domain controller, so that
Samba can do it? I tried to use the Server Manager->Computer->Promote to
Primary option but got the error message "RPC service not found" (or
something like that). The "Demote" option is greyed out for the NT
server.

Any suggestions?

John