Access share without password

Bill Brandt brandtwr-samba at draaw.net
Fri Dec 10 12:28:33 GMT 1999

>From smb.conf:

# A publicly accessible directory, read/write to all users. Note that all files
# created in the directory by users will be owned by the default user, so
# any user with access can delete any other user's files. Obviously this
# directory must be writable by the default user. Another user could of course
# be specified, in which case all files would be owned by that user instead.
;[public]
;   path = /usr/somewhere/else/public
;   public = yes
;   only guest = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no

Consider using writable = no and making the files owned by default user (usually
nobody).

Bill

--
Liam