Mapping Drive Z

Chris Tooley ctooley at joslyn.org
Thu Dec 9 17:08:28 GMT 1999

The only problem with that is that we are converting from a Novell server
where all of the Database directories for the 30-40 databases in house were
stored were mapped to drive Z: as well as about 8 billion other shortcuts,
all of which will be broken if we map the new share of those things to a
different drive letter.  This wouldn't be a problem if we had users that
understood the concept of changing the driver letter in the shortcuts.
However, changing 10-20 shortcuts on 50-60 machines would take quite a lot
of time, especially when you don't have a clue what those shortcuts are.

Chris Tooley