oplock warning messages

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Dec 9 02:12:54 GMT 1999

Greg Dickie wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  We are suddenly experiencing these messages running samba 2.0.6 on IRIX 6.5.4f
>
> WARNING: oplock 0xa800000012f2d700 timeout
>
> These are coming from the kernel not samba since IRIX supports kernel oplocks.
>
> Should I be worried and what causes this?

As the IRIX kernel supports oplocks it is the kernel, not Samba,
that will decide an oplock break has taken too long and will
release the oplock after a (30 second I think ?) timeout.

Essentially, this is the same as a Samba "client not responding
to oplock break" message - ie. some client is having problems.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.