New CVS Update giving errors

Lonnie J. Borntreger lonnie at borntreger.com
Wed Dec 8 18:15:56 GMT 1999

I finally got it to compile by adding $(LIBSMB_OBJ) and $(RPC_PARSE_OBJ2) to
the object lists MAKE_SMBCODEPAGE_OBJ, MAKE_PRINTERDEF_OBJ, STATUS_OBJ,
TESTPARM_OBJ, TESTPRNS_OBJ and DEBUG2HTML_OBJ in source/Makefile

After further test compiling, I refined the list of objects needed in these
OBJ variables down to: libsmb/pwd_cache.o, libsmb/smbdes.o,
libsmb/smbencrypt.o, rpc_parse/parse_prs.o, rpc_parse/parse_misc.o and
rpc_parse/parse_rpc.o

I find it hard to believe that just upgrading a Linux kernel fixes problems
like that, since I tried it on my Linux machine - running 2.2.13 - as well
as my Solaris 7 one, with the same results.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger
PS: Of course I still get a segv when attempting to access a share after
starting the new binaries. Oh well, make revert...
PPS: I also have to add -lresolv on Solaris 7 to find the inet_aton symbol.