Getting rid of printer temp files

Timothy J. O'Brien tjobrien at HiWAAY.net
Wed Dec 8 16:18:12 GMT 1999

I've set up Samba 2.0.6 for use as a print server on our company NT
network. For some reason, the print files in the "path" in smb.conf are
not getting removed after the print job is completed. Any idea what I can
do to fix this? I've seen something similar in the past, but I can't
remember what I did to fix it.

Here's a copy of smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = VMIC
        server string = B2 Print Server v%v
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad Password
        log file = /var/log/smbaccess.log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = wins host bcast
        deadtime = 120
        read prediction = Yes
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096
        client code page = 437
        wins server = 192.9.200.63
        panic action = /bin/smbpanic %d %a %I %U
        guest account = guest
        invalid users = root
        print command = /bin/pt %p %s %M %U %T %a %v %m %I %d
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq %p
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm %j

[tb]
        comment = tinkerbell in B2 lab
        path = /var/spool/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        printer driver = HP LaserJet 5Si/5Si MX PS

[thoth]
        comment = thoth in B2 lab
        path = /var/spool/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        print ok = Yes
        printer driver = Lexmark Optra L Series PS

[homes]
        comment = Home Directory
        read only = No
        create mask = 0700