smbpasswd not finding smbpasswd file

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Dec 7 15:45:30 GMT 1999

I got the same error (Domain password server not available) on
samba-2.1-19991203.tar.gz running on both RH60 and RH61. Many people have
been getting this error. If we can find some people using 12/3/1999 or
later releases that *do not* get this error maybe we can exploit the
differences and find the root cause.

Steve Litt