Connecting to NT PDC

Loo, Joseph Loo at littongcs.com
Mon Dec 6 23:38:43 GMT 1999

I am relatively new at Samba. I am trying to connect a Samba server to the
NT domain within my company. I have been experencing several problems with
the server:
    1.	It takes about 2 days before the PDC recognize the samba server. I
am not sure what I am doing
	wrong.
    2.	The system intermittenly connects to the system. If I connect on NT
(plain word password) under homes
	first, it will connect with no problem. If I try to connect to
MFG_Docs, then it keeps crumbling with
	bad password.
    3.	I created a share, MFG_Docs. It is suppose to be open to anyone for
read. If I do a direct connect
	from any user not connected to the system it keeps asking for a
user/password. This seemed to
	work on a Samba machine not connected to the PDC.
This is running Samba 2.0.6 on Solaris 2.6. It was compiled with GNU 2.8.1
using the following configuration:
		./configure --prefix=/opt/misc/samba-2.0.6 --with-automount
--with-nisplus --with-nisplus-home
The smb file is:
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from loo (159.201.125.21)
# Date: 1999/12/06 13:56:59

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = GCSNT
	netbios name = STRANGE1
	security = DOMAIN
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	map to guest = Bad User
	password server = *
	smb passwd file = /opt/misc/samba/lib/private/smbpasswd
	passwd chat debug = Yes
	username map = /opt/misc/samba/lib/users.map
	printcap name = /opt/misc/samba/lib/printcap
	preload = Mfg_Docs Color_Nor Homes
	guest account = guest
	print command = /usr/bin/lp -d %p %s
	lprm command = /usr/ucb/lprm -P%p %j
	oplocks = No

[homes]
	read only = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /tmp
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	print ok = Yes
	browseable = No

[color]
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	print ok = Yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lp -o nobanner -o nofilebreak -d %p %s
	printer name = color
	share modes = No

[Apex_Info]
	comment = Apex Requirements Data
	path = /home/apex/share
	write list = loo,ibrahim,weekley,bremerb
	force user = apex

[Mfg_Docs]
	comment = Directory containing manufacturing documents
	path = /home/docs/mfg
	guest account = pdfrd
	write list = valdez
	guest ok = Yes

[color_nor]
	path = /tmp
	guest ok = Yes
	print ok = Yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lp -o nobanner -o nofilebreak -d %p %s
	printer name = color_nor

Joseph Loo
Litton Guidance & Control
5500 Canoga Ave