Cannot find domain primary controller

Mike Harris mike at psand.net
Mon Dec 6 19:47:21 GMT 1999

Marco,

Hang on.  You're running the Samba server as a PDC and joining the domain
from an NT or Samba box, right?

Remember that you have to add a UNIX user account (with the $ sign), for
RHL6.x, something like:

% useradd client$ -c "My Client Machine" -s /dev/null -n -M

The -s, -n and -M parameters are useful for a non-login UNIX account and
good for security :-).

Then use smbpasswd to add the machine without the $ sign, like:

% smbpasswd -a -m client

Hope this helps,

Mike Harris,
Psand España.