Upgrading from 2.0.5a to CVS for User Mgr. for Domains

Melissa Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Mon Dec 6 16:26:54 GMT 1999

Since I need to use User Manager for Domains and this feature is only
working in the CVS/HEAD code I need to "upgrade" from Samba 2.0.5a
to CVS.

If I switch to the CVS code ( I have a download
from late October ready to go.) is there anything I have to do with the
MACHINE.SID?  I know when I've upgraded to newer versions of
2.0.x I had to copy the original MACHINE.SID into the new install
tree.  With the CVS code isn't it DOMAIN.SID and is this created
automatically or do I need to copy my MACHINE.SID from 2.0.x
and rename it.

Also, any known reason I should use a "newer" cvs code than the one
I have downloaded from Oct 28th?

Thanks to all,

Melissa
--