Can't Find Test Code Error

Jon Westfall jon at bugjr.com
Mon Dec 6 10:47:10 GMT 1999

First of all, thanks for the replies to my question yesturday, they helped a
lot.

I'm trying to compile samba (from CVS) and when i run configure I get the
error:

configure: error: cant find test code. Aborting Config

I poked around in the code and found references to conftest.c (or .h, i
don't remember), and since i didn't have it on my sys I downloaded it and
put it in the source dir (2 copies, one extension .c other .h) I don't know
too much about C programming (I'm more of a pascal person) so if anyone has
had this problem in the past I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jon Westfall

Jonathan E. Westfall
CEO - Webmaster