smbpasswd in samba 2.1 alpha

Jason A. Diegmueller jason at bertke.net
Sun Dec 5 23:25:34 GMT 1999

I too am having the exact same problem on a formerly working
setup.  Only change was a CVS update, rebuild, and reload of
SAMBA.

Per chance are there images of the prealpha-2.1.0 CVS tree
that people have archived, in which case smbpasswd would work?
I have a client who is expecting this to work [again] tomorrow
morning, and I'm running short on time.

I spent about 6 hours today trying EVERYTHING I could to get
things working again, it's nice to know it's not just me/I'm
not actually crazy.

This was working fine a month ago; are there snapshots of the
CVS repository taken occasionaly and set aside?  Or is there
a way to tell CVS to pull down the image that's about a month
old?  At least it worked for me.

Thanks.