problems with smbpasswd and freebsd

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Dec 2 15:38:58 GMT 1999

Olivier Wegria wrote:

> don't you forget the $ in /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd
> -a -m workstation_name$

Shouldn't matter.  Last time I looked at the source
at least.  I wonder if this is some type of 8 character
limit to username's maybe?  Don't have a free BSD box
around here to check.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )