Installation of PDC

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Thu Dec 2 11:37:40 GMT 1999

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 darren at mylaptop.co.uk wrote:

> When I type in (from the NTfaq)
>
>         cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.org:/cvsroot login
>
> It says:  Samba.org - Host not found.

samba.org actually _does_ exist. :-) I think, it's a problem with your
internet connection. You can only cvs from a host which has direct access
to the internet (no proxy) with an official IP address or by NAT.

> How can I update Samba to act as a PDC??

Depending on the level of PDC functionality, you can also use Samba 2.0 >=
2.0.3a since it has basic PDC functionality. But be sure that not every
line of the NT-Domain FAQ is valid for 2.0.x PDC (additional infos in the
smb.conf.html file) and you will not have support in this ML.

If you want to play with cvs PDC version, I think there are links where
you can get the cvs version from if you cannot access the repository via
cvs directly. I don't know it from mind - maybe look into the archives.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Wer reitet so spät durch Nacht und Wind?
- Wos waas I