NT ws looses privileges

Oscar Sanchez oscar.sanchez at cpeurope.com
Tue Aug 31 16:30:52 GMT 1999

Hi
I am sure the answer is documented, but I could get the solution trying
several "settings" and different
versions on samba.

I have created a domain with samba 2.0.3-8 over Linux Redahat 6.0.
W95/98 and NT servers works fine, but a NT WS after joining the domain
has loose all the privileges from the local/domain users with admin
provileges. So no way to reach admin privileges in this local machine.
When I set up a administrator in the domain using
admin users = username in the smb.conf this username can modify
everything in the shares, but I can't reach admin privileges on the
local machines.
Any idea on how to setup a Domain Administrator so I can reach
provileges again?

Any hint will be really welcome.

Thanks for any help.

--