Workgroup name conflict

Doug Noltemeier dnoltemeier at co.clatsop.or.us
Tue Aug 31 16:22:36 GMT 1999

I have Samba 2.04b running on Solaris 7 with both NT and Win98 clients.  After upgrading Solaris to the 5/99 interm release of Solaris 7 my NT clients have been unable to start the Workstation service because it says that the workgroup or domain name is already in use by another computer on the network.  Win98 clients are still able to access the server.  Running testparm I noticed that Samba was not reading my smb.conf file and instead using default parameters.  Using the "-s" options I was able to point it at the correct smb.conf file.  I also removed Samba and reinstalled it to no avail.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I'm not even sure that this is actually a Samba problem but I thought that I'd start here.   Thanks