connection problems

Ron E Sinsley Ron.E.Sinsley at mail.sprint.com
Tue Aug 31 15:56:17 GMT 1999

We are experiencing issues when trying to connect to our Linux Samba
server from several NT 4.0 Workstations.  Several of the workstations
are having the following problem when trying to connect:  When trying to
connect from the DOS prompt using net use the user is asked for his/her
password, then the error "System error 1240 has occurred"  and they are
not allowed to connect to the shared drive.  When trying to connect via
Network Neighborhood an error that basically says "this workstation is
not allowed access to the server" is given.  The strange part is that
only a few of the NT workstation experience this problem, and their IP's
are in the range allowed in the smb.conf file.  Is there some other
element that affects a workstations access to the server?

Ron Sinsley
Sprint
NPAP
Systems Analyst I