WinNT and auto-reconnect

thwartedefforts at wonky.org thwartedefforts at wonky.org
Tue Aug 31 05:32:35 GMT 1999

This is related to a known NT bug that Microsoft won't fix because, I'm told:

1- it doesn't effect NT servers in the same way it effects Samba.
2- MS can't reliably reproduce it (I think this claim is bogus).

Here's references to when I was looking at this:

http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-technical/2119.html
http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-technical/2120.html
http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-technical/2128.html

2120 is especially interesting, where Luke points out that it's listed on NTBUGTRAQ.

Also, the thread that starts at

http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-ntdom/4281.html
especially the following two
http://us1.samba.org/listproc/samba-ntdom/4285.html