smbpasswd and NIS

Cabler, Adam W adam.w.cabler at lmco.com
Wed Aug 25 19:14:10 GMT 1999

I am having trouble getting this to work properly.  I have just one samba
server set up that is using NIS.  I have run into several problems.  First,
I need a way to convert my yppasswd file into a smbpasswd file.  I know
there is a way to do this, but I haven't ben able to find it yet.  Second, I
can't seem to find the appropriate syntax to enter into the passwd chat and
passwd program dialog on swat.  I hope that these two things will give me a
better start.  I am running this on an SGI origin 200 running IRIX 6.4.

thanks in advance,
Adam Cabler
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space
Computer Support