Multiple PDC's

Kevin Van Der Hart kvanderhart at vermeermfg.com
Wed Aug 25 11:30:43 GMT 1999

We are needing to be able to do NT Workstation domain logons into an
entirely SUN server environment. I have been able to set up a Samba PDC
and get the domain logons to work in a testing area. My problem is that
we have 15 different subnets which all need to be able to do the domain
logons but we do all of our user administration from one centralized
server and all users are valid on any of the subnets. If I setup a Samba
PDC on each subnet to do the domain authentication, how can I keep the
user information synchronized across all of the PDC's? Because of the
machine accounts in the smbpasswd file, synchronizing this file is out
of the question. Or is there a better way to accomplish the domain
logons?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kevin Van Der Hart