rpcclient "at" command

Matt Chapman matthewc at cse.unsw.edu.au
Tue Aug 24 16:46:40 GMT 1999

Greg Dickie wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm trying to use the rpcclient "at now" to start a batch job but it seems to
> end up in the at queue for this time tomorrow. Is the "now" processed in
> rpcclient or does it get passed to NT?

It's processed in rpcclient. It asks the server for the current time,
adds SOON_OFFSET seconds and schedules it then. See the at_soon function
in rpcclient/cmd_atsvc.c.

You may need to increase SOON_OFFSET (defined just above at_soon). Then
again, if you look at the code you'll see I'm not actually wrapping the
seconds into the minutes properly, so that could be a problem too.

Do you have the reskit handy? I'd be very interested to know exactly how
the "soon" utility works. I'll have to check that out sometime.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member