Getting Started

Matthias Wächter matthias at waechter.wol.at
Tue Aug 24 14:32:16 GMT 1999

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Nathan Martinez wrote:

> Hello.  I tried looking on a mirror for samba.org and could not find any
> info on how to go about setting up samba as an NT PDC.  Could someone just
> point me towards some documentation.  Thanks in advance.

On your favourite samba mirror, klick "documentation" -> "Other
Documentation" -- "Samba NT domain FAQ", usually located in
http://your-samba-mirror/samba/docs/ntdom_faq/samba_ntdom_faq.html

The documentation you find there only covers the "CVS" version of Samba,
though it's possible to do the trick with 2.0.x, too. Unfortunately, 2.0.x
doesn't include all the PDC functionality (domain groups, NT admin tools
etc.) additionally to having _no_ documentation and _NO_ support PDCing
with 2.0.x

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
Verkauft für 339,88 Dollar!
	- aus: Groundhog Day (Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier)