Trouble joining NT domain

Jeremy D. Fillingim jfilling at es.com
Mon Aug 23 19:57:31 GMT 1999

I am running samba 2.0.5a-1.  I am unable to join an NT domain.  I have
created a new machine account in the domain and the command I am using
is

smbpasswd -j DOM -r DOMPDC

The message that shows up is

cli_net_req_chal: Error NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
DOMPDC. Error was : NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.
1999/08/23 13:56:08 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain DOM.
Unable to join domain DOM.

The NT domain PDC is NT Server SP5.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Jeremy D. Fillingim
  Hardware Engineer