[OT] Extracting SIDs and RIDs from NT server

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Mon Aug 23 19:25:35 GMT 1999

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I believe that you can download these tools from Technet Online.  Check out
> http://technet.microsoft.com
> 	Greg

I had hoped that was the case but it doesn't appear to (feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong and if someone found a link that works -
Microsoft's web site is full of outdated links - maybe they have one to
the Resource Kit).  What I did find was a link to a resource kit, service
pak 4 update, which I can download and install but which only contains the
updated versions of any utilities since the first release.  Neither of the
utilities I wish to use have been updated.  Microsoft so kindly offers a
15 day free trial to their Resource Network, with the caveat that you
can't download the resource kits, just browse and read the documentation
:(

I'm going to kick myself if there is a link to the full resource kit
freely available - I did just manage to find GetSID_x86.exe in
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/reskit/nt40/i386/ but
that appears to be only updated files.  And I just saw Jerry Carter's
reply to the same effect (GLOBAL.EXE isn't there though..)  :)

I just had a thought - maybe if I download the Resource Kits service pack
1, 2, 3, 4 and apply them all, I'll end up with all the utilities the full
version has.....

If I find anything, I'll post - thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give the
rpcclient command a try too.

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer