[OT] Extracting SIDs and RIDs from NT server

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Mon Aug 23 18:45:21 GMT 1999

Hello,

Sorry for the slightly off topic post but I'm in the last debugging leg of
my NT to Linux/Samba/LDAP conversion process.  I need to extract the SIDs
and RIDs from my NT server because somewhere, in one of my LDAP entries,
I'm missing an rid.  Microsoft describes a mechanism for listing the
entries at
<http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/77.asp>

However, I do not have the NT 4 Resource Kit and I'm a bit miffed that I
have to shell out close to a hundred dollars to get the added
functionality in an OS that should already be there.  Its my assumption
that GETSID.EXE and GLOBAL.EXE are value-added Microsoft products and not
some third party tool that they've included.  So barring buying the
resource kit, does anyone know of a tool that will list the RIDs and SIDs
on an NT server and output to a text file?  Can this be done with
rpcclient or is there a third party NT utility for this function?

Thanks,

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer