UNIX PASSWD SYNC/changing password on NT workstation

Matt Chapman matthewc at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Aug 20 17:32:09 GMT 1999

Lisa Becktold {CADIG STAFF} wrote:

> Are you guys saying I have to use plaintext passwords on the NT
> workstation side in order to enable "unix password sync"?

No, you do not need to apply the plaintext password hack (providing that
as you say the PDC is the NIS master).

If password changing is failing then it is probably because your "passwd
chat" parameter is set incorrectly. Set the "passwd chat debug" option
and turn debug level up to 100 to see the chat/response buffers.

Cheers,

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman