Connection Refused

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at elanco.k12.pa.us
Thu Aug 19 22:50:36 GMT 1999

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> no.  yes, actually, it should!!!! talk to microsoft about the name.  it
> should be something like:
>
> smb	445/tcp		smb	# SMB over TCP

Its listed on copies of the well-known ports as:

microsoft-ds    445/tcp    Microsoft-DS
microsoft-ds    445/udp    Microsoft-DS

So this refused notice is a feature, not a bug?  That at least answers the
question I posed yesterday (which was identical to the one you answered
today for Burt;)  But how do I get rid of the message?  Is this in
anticipation of future coding that will use port 445 instead of port 139?
Or..????

Kevin

--
     ~        Kevin M. Myer