Read-only files, but why?

Aaron Rainwater aar at cypress.com
Thu Aug 19 14:45:35 GMT 1999

UPDATE:

Some of you suggested using 2.0.5a to serve
files, while 2.1.0-prealpha does the PDC stuff.
I did this, but 2.0.5a creates the same problem
of locking people out of files for apparently
no good reason.  I've browsed the Samba logs
and in the places where the file is being opened,
Samba is opening it as read-only.

Also, now that I reconfigured my Samba servers,
the browse list in NT is not coming up.  Just
an empty Network Neighborhood.

ACK!!!

--
Aaron Rainwater